TIM AND JIM
RECORDING SERIES #1
Tim and Jim
Live Archive #1
1. Empty Emily
2. Have A Cigar
4. Feet In My Shoes
5. Do It Again
7. That’s That
10. Bad Luck
11. Corner Store
12. Feeling Alright / Just My Imagination / Walk On The Wild Side
13. Honky Tonk Woman
14. Angel From Montgomery
15. Locomotive Breath
16. Walk Don’t Run / Don’t Fear The Reaper / Raspberry Beret / Battleship Chains / Pretty Woman / Suzie Q / Bang A Gong /
17. Tim Talks
18. Hotel California / Crazy Train / Stairway To Heaven / Fly Me To The Moon / Jump
19. People Are Guns
20. In Your Eyes / Ways To Be Wicked / Breakdown /
21. Pelican Intro. Then, Jim dumps an entire cocktail onto his pedalboard.
22. Poor Poor Pitiful Me
23. Tim Talks ll
24. A Man You Don’t Meet Everyday
25. Romeo and Juliet / You Can Call Me Al / Fourth Of July
26. Lemon Tree
27. Home At Last
29. Never On Sunday
30. Peace, Love, And Understanding
31. Jenny (867-5309)
32. Dissolve / Exodus / Bald Heads / Chelsea /
33. Poor Baby
35. How’s Your Hole?
LIVE CONCERT RECORDING SERIES #1
Recorded: April 25th, 2008
A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THIS ALBUM:
Shortly after Tim Ellis's passing in March of 2016, I received an email from Keith, a longtime good friend of the Tim and Jim Show.
Keith used to record our concerts for his own listening amusement. He recorded direct from the outputs of our PA system into his hard disc player.
In Keith's email, he explained that he had recorded some 60 hours of our concerts.
About 20 full-length, three-hour shows.
What? The? Eff?
I had no idea.
He played me some of it.
Because the recordings came directly from our PA exactly the way Tim mixed us live, it sounds like being a Tim and Jim show. Alarmingly so.
If you turn it up and shut your eyes, you're there. It's pretty incredible.
Now let me tell you about this grand experiment I'm doing here (with the blessings of Tim's wife, Susan, I'd like to add):
Because of the size of these shows, and a few other considerations and minor complications, I can't put them up at streaming services.
So these shows will be available privately through me, to stream for free or as downloads.
I plan on releasing these shows one at a time, for as long as the material holds out.
I'm so glad to be able to share this music with you.
Tim and I were never much good at archiving our live shows so I'm so very glad and grateful to Keith for doing it.
He has accidentally become our sole historian and archivist.
And thank you for your time -
Hayden’s Lakefront. Tualatin, OR.
Tim Ellis - Guitar, Vocals
Jim Walker - Vocals, Guitar
Label / Thon Music
Recordist / Keith Erickson
Editor / Jim Walker
Facility / Studio 515. Portland, OR
Art Direction / Jim Walker
Running Time / 2:46:00